I sing the body electric,The armies of those I love engirth me and I engirth them,They will not let me off till I go with them, respond to them,And discorrupt them, and charge them full with the charge of the soul.– Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
My name is Veronica Hamilton. I am…
- a game designer – I developed the tabletop roleplaying game Unwritten: Adventures in the Ages of MYST and Beyond, a game based of the Myst franchise by Cyan Inc.
- a conlanger – I create languages for fun and, occasionally, profit. I created the Brooding language for the Riddlesbrood Touring Theater Company and sketched out Temetar for Galileo Games. Besides some of my own language projects, I am also a fan of the D’ni language from the Myst game series, and a member of Slakgedakru, a fan organization dedicated to the the Trigedasleng language from the TV show The 100.
- a MYST fanatic – I am a long-time fan of the games of the Myst franchise (if you haven’t noticed from the frequent mentions of the game already in this page). I was an active player in Myst Online when it was active, and played a quasi-official character named J.D. Barnes.
- a transwoman – I am a proud transwoman, in transition male-to-female. You may find my work under my previous name “Scott Hamilton”, but that’s still me. Pronouns she, her, hers, etc.
- a parent and spouse – I have three wonderful children which have all pretty much grown up by this point. I have a lovely wife who puts up with me and has developed a wide and nuanced range of long-suffering facial expressions in response to my sometimes frenetic goofiness.